Anthem, Inc. Corporate Tax Intern II in Indianapolis, Indiana
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company. The Tax Department Intern will be provided with a variety of diversified tax assignments under the direct supervision of other tax professionals. The primary responsibilities of the Tax Department Intern will be to assist with federal and state income tax compliance, tax accounting, examination/audit defense, and special projects. The Tax Department Intern should expect to receive varying levels of exposure to federal and state income tax, sales/use tax, property tax, and state premium (insurance) tax.
The Tax Department Intern will receive an orientation to the Company and the health benefits industry while being exposed to a professional office environment. The Tax Department Intern will also learn how the Corporate Tax Department impacts the overall performance of the Company.
*Internship will follow a hybrid structure, consisting of remote and in-person expectations at the Anthem, Inc. Corporate Office in Indianapolis, IN and will take place in the Summer of 2022.
Essential duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Data analysis and tax modeling
• Research and analysis of tax law (state and/or federal)
• Support of ongoing state and/or federal state tax audits
• Assistance with tax technology initiatives
• Preparation of selected tax filings and/or tax incentive packages
• Analysis of tax developments and their application to business units
• Support for continuous improvement initiatives
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials:
• Current student enrolled at an accredited college/university studying finance/accounting or similar area of study.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
• The ability to be located in Indianapolis, Indiana during the Summer of 2022
• An interest in pursuing a career in the field of taxation (CPA path).
• Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.